Monday 8 December 2014

C and R's wedding quilt.

In 2007 my good friend C married the love of her life, R.  They didn't have a wedding list, so I offered to make them a quilt. "It might take a year or two" I said.


Seven years later, they are happily still very much in love, and last week I finally delivered their wedding present.



The full story of why and how this took so long will go in another post, but for now I think I will just show the finished product.

The quilt is an enormous king size, and because of the horrible rainy weather I couldn't take it outside to photograph. It covers the whole of my living room floor, and even holding my camera up at the ceiling I couldn't capture the whole thing.


I love this gold binding, and here you get another hint why I was so slow. Yes, it is double sided.


And yes, it is hand quilted.


After so many years in the making I was so very, very anxious when I finally gave it to its intended recipients. To my huge relief, they loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment